Iris Garden Flower Club
Organized 1929 and Federated in 1939
Iris Garden Club Officers
Mrs. Grace Schafer, President
Mrs. Ann Welch, Vice-President
Mrs. Margaret Russell, Secretary
Mrs. Barbara Burns, Treasurer
Mrs. Peggy Harland, Corresponding Secretary
Mrs. Mary Lou Kenny, Reporter and Press Book
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
Iris Club Data
|Tree -- Flowering Peach
Bird -- Mockingbird
Flower -- Iris
Shrub -- Pyracantha
Continuing Projects and Activities
- To participate in flower exhibits in the Texas County Fair at Guymon.
- To continue improving City Park and, Oklahoma sign and Library.
- To contribute a memorial book to the Garden Center in the Texhoma Public Library.
- To participate in city-wide spring clean-up.
- To host the annual Thanksgiving dinner for spouses and guests.
- To plan, to begin, and to refurbish the outer court of the library and to repair and replace landscape at the library.
Iris Garden Flower Club Meetings
Club meetings are held the 4th Wednesday of the month at a member's house or Community Center. Meetings begin at 1:30 pm.
Iris Club's Presidents
Texhoma Cover Page and Menu